“What Is Folklore?” American Folklore Society. Ohio State University, Web. 7 June 2012. <http://www.afsnet.org/?page=WhatIsFolklore>.
Ó Súilleabháin, Seán. A Handbook of Irish Folklore. [Reprint ed.]. Folklore Associates, 1963. Print.
The Giant’s Causeway
“Finn McCool Nothern Irleland Myths.” A Giant Cause. National Trust, 2009. Web. 7 June 2012. <http://agiantcause.nationaltrust.org.uk/finnthegiant>.
Lyle, P., & Preston, J. (1993). Geochemistry and volcanology of the tertiary basalts of the giant’s causeway area, northern ireland. Journal of the Geological Society of London, 150, Part 1, 109-120. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/50378598?accountid=14244; http://www.geolsoc.org.uk/jgs
McCann N. 1988. An assessment of the subsurface geology between magilligan point and fair head, northern ireland. Irish Journal of Earth Sciences 9(1):71-8.
Tomkeieff SI. 1940. The basalt lavas of the giant’s causeway district of northern ireland. Bulletin of Volcanology 6:90-143.
Legends of Irish Lakes. (1935, March 9).Ireland’s Own,65, 310.
Irish Lake Lore. (1922, January 18).Ireland’s Own,39.
“Geology in Nothern Ireland.” National Museums Northern Ireland, Web. 7 June 2012. <http://www.habitas.org.uk/escr/geologyni.htm>.
Quinn MF. 2006. Lough neagh; the site of a cenozoic pull-apart basin. Scottish Journal of Geology 42(2):101-12.
McCabe, A. Glacial Geology and Geomorphology : the Landscapes of Ireland. Edinburgh: Dunedin, 2008. Print.
Diarmuid and Grainne. Alexander Haggerty Krapple, Folklore , Vol. 47, No. 4 (Dec., 1936), pp. 347-361
The Pigeon Hole
(1) Geology of Cong and The Neale from Irish Tourist Association Survey, 1945 . Web.23 Oct. 2012.http://www.mayolibrary.ie/en/LocalStudies/IrishTouristAssociationSurvey/CongandTheNeale/Geology/PDFDocument,16120,en.pdf
(2) Lover, Samuel. Legends and Stories of Ireland. New ed. London: H.G. Bohn, 1853. 40-44. Print.
(3) “Walk 2: Underground Rivers & Dry Canal .” Geological Survey of Ireland. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://www.gsi.ie/Education/Sites+Walks+Field+Trips/Walk+2+Underground+rivers+and+dry+canal.htm>.
(4) Ophardt, Charles E. “Acid Rain.” Virtual Chembook. Elmhurst College, 2003. Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://www.elmhurst.edu/~chm/vchembook/190acidrain.html>.
(5) “What Is Karst?” The University of Texas at Austin, Web. 23 Oct. 2012. <http://www.esi.utexas.edu/outreach/caves/karst.php>.
Cliffs of Moher Geology
“Geology of the Cliffs of Moher.” County Clare Library Blog, 2010. Web 3/2/2013. <http://clarelibrary.blogspot.com/2010/10/geology-of-cliffs-of-moher.html>